LOCUM NEEDED IN BEAUTIFUL SOOKE BC - SHORT TERM OF LONG TERM LOCUMS FOR FALL 2019
Start Date September 03, 2019
End Date January 01, 2020
Clinic hours are 7:30-6, so daily schedule is flexible. Locums usually work from 9-4 with an hour lunch. Flexible on 4 or 5 days per week.
Flexible locum dates for the fall of 2019, ranging from a week to months if desired. This also may be an opportunity to explore the community and clinic as we are also actively recruiting a new physician to join Sooke's wonderful group clinic.
• West Coast Family Medical Clinic is an efficient, collegial practice serving beautiful Sooke, BC. • We are 8 full time physicians, well supported by 10 MOAs. - We are the only clinic in town, lending the practice a small town, rural feel. - We have a registered dietician, social worker, and diabetic nurse educator working with us on site! - We open our doors to all-comers as an Urgent Care Clinic every afternoon from 1-6, staffing it on a rotating basis. - We are a UBC teaching site, frequently working with medical students and residents. - Medical architecture designed space in association with VIHA facilitating collaborative interactions between physicians, large exam rooms, minor procedures surgical suite if interested in minor procedures, extensive MOA support for physicians in high efficiency clinic. - Like to mountain bike? Join the docs for a lunch time ride on Tuesdays in the Sooke hills! Website: https://westcoastfamilymedical.com/
On-Call/After Hour Requirements
- No arduous call - we cover a small residential care home and have a small list of palliative care patients; almost all issues easily handled over the phone.
- We run a unique palliative care program, allowing residents of Sooke to receive palliation and experience end of life at home with excellent home nursing support.
- No inpatient nor maternity care.
- No special certification required
- Remuneration is 70/30 split of MSP services, 90/10 split for private services.
- Flexibility in scheduling - Days, hours, number patients per hour.
- Stay and work in beautiful coastal community with close proximity to world class fishing, beautiful beaches (French beach, Sombrio beach), surfing, hiking, mountain biking and other outdoor opportunities.
- Or low traffic commute from Victoria, about half of our docs live and commute from victoria.
• Community-based practice, located in the heart of Sooke
• Excellent and large group of MOAs allows us to see patients efficiently, as we are well supported.
• Our integrated multidisciplinary model allows our patients seamless access to a dietician, social worker, and diabetic nurse right on site.
• MedAccess EMR
• Sooke is a beautiful seaside town located 45 mins from downtown Victoria.
• Stunning rugged coastline: World class fishing, surf, biking, hiking, beach-combing, and lake swimming is in our backyard!
• Both Sooke and Victoria boast world-class dining
We offer a 70/30 split on all MSP billings, and 90/10 for any private billings.
Incentives & Guaranteed Minimums
Longer Term Locums ( over 3 weeks to months) open to bill GPSC fees like Complex Care Plans and Chronic Disease Management fees of Dr. McKnight or patients that qualify through the Urgent Care Clinic.
Testimonials & Other Information