BABYLON FAMILY PHYSICIAN (DIGITAL CARE) | WORK FROM HOME, HEALTH BENEFITS AND MORE!
Start Date April 01, 2020
Monday to Friday 8 AM-10 PM, Saturday and Sunday 8 AM-6 PM; we may increase these hours in the future.
The start date is approximate – we're happy to discuss this with you!
Our mission is simple: to put an accessible and affordable health service in the hands of every person on earth. Babylon, a digital healthcare and AI company based in the UK, has partnered with TELUS to bring Canadians “Babylon by TELUS Health” – a service that is covered by MSP and allows British Columbians to access a family doctor using their smartphone. Residents can access primary care from a BC-licensed family physician 7 days a week by downloading the free app on iOS or Android. You’ll have the opportunity to leverage emerging technologies and provide virtual consultations to patients from anywhere in the province – this means you can work from home, at times that suit you!
On-Call/After Hour Requirements
- You need to be a registered Family Physician eligible to work in BC:
- Licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of British Columbia (CPSBC)
- Certificant of the College of Family Physicians (CCFP)
- Membership of the Canadian Medical Protective Association (CMPA)
- Comfortable with mobile technology (video calling), or the ability and desire to learn!
- We offer a salaried hourly rate.
- We offer extended health benefits, or a health spending account, to all of our doctors – your health matters to us, as much as our patients’.
- We’re an established global service, with operations in the UK, US, Rwanda, Asia and the Middle East.
- We combine artificial intelligence with telemedicine to help support our doctors and patients, and improve the efficiency of physician consultations.
- We provide a full training program and a supportive environment to help improve your video consultation skills, including ongoing appraisals and peer reviews.
- There’s hardly any paperwork – you have a Clinical Operations team to handle all of the administrative aspects of your consult.
- You can work from home!
You can work regularly from home, at times that suit you.
We'll provide you with training for the Babylon Portal and we use G-Suite, Outlook and Slack among others.
There are no splits, overhead, fees or volume requirements. At Babylon, we're focused on quality not volume.
Incentives & Guaranteed Minimums
We provide salaried hourly rates to all of our providers.
Testimonials & Other Information