REACH COMMUNITY HEALTH CENTRE: MARCH LOCUM & PERM GP NEED
Locum Need: March 18-29 2019 (3.5hr sessions between 9am-8pm Mon to Thurs and 9am-5pm Fridays)
Perm GP Needed: 1 FTE starting Feb 2019
Reach CHC is an interdisciplinary team of medical professions that offers a variety of health and social services including dental services, pharmacy, counseling, registered nurses, social work services, and a Multicultural Family Centre. They are currently looking for locum coverage in March 2019 (3.5hr sessions between 9am-8pm Mon to Thurs and 9am-5pm Fridays), in addition to a full-time GP to join their team starting February 2019 (1.0 FTE or .08 FTE). This position is for a is a full service family physician (excluding obstetrics or hospital work), providing care in clinic, home and institutions within an interdisciplinary team approach. Availability for extended evening opening hours until 8pm is required for one evening a week. Hours needed include 29hrs/wk delivery of patient care , 5hrs/wk administrative duties, and 1hr/wk team or educational meetings.
On-Call/After Hour Requirements
Telephone on-call and week-end clinics are shared on a 1:7 rotation.
• Physician registered (Full) with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of B.C., certification with the College of Family Physicians of Canada.
• Commitment and ability to implement REACH’s strategic goals, mission, vision and values.
• A background in working with youth, mental health, addictions, fragile families, refugees and frail elderly desired.
• Current methadone exception and Suboxone certification or willingness to obtain same.
• Awareness of the impact of colonization on Aboriginal peoples and understanding of cultural competency as a care provider
• Ability to speak another language an asset.
• Experience or training in delivering medical education an asset
• Experience or training in primary care research and policy an asset
Vacation/Study Leave: 7 weeks a year unpaid as part of service contract agreement.
Their health care team includes physicians, two advanced practice nurses, an RN, pharmacy staff, counselors, social workers, and well trained and friendly support staff. They offer an interdisciplinary approach to health care, and encourage patients to be active participants in their health as well as to take responsibility for their own health status. The ongoing education of medical personnel is an important aspect of the clinic’s responsibility to the community.
Strathcona is one of this city's earliest neighbourhoods. It features beautifully restored row houses, overflowing flower gardens, and welcoming front porches. Strathcona grew out of the collection of shacks and small buildings that surrounded the Hastings Mill site, and has a unique mix of people, history, land use, and architecture.
Compensation is approximately $240 000/FTE *Alternative Payment Arrangement – Service Contract 1FTE = 1575hrs/year (35hrs/wk ; 45 weeks a year) = $225 225 p.a
Incentives & Guaranteed Minimums
The position is funded through a contract with the VCHA and the Alternative Payments Program of the BC Ministry of Health.
Testimonials & Other Information
For more information on this opportunity, please contact the Vancouver Division of Family Practice today!